Thursday, October 2, 2008

Grandma..

i HATE this time of year..from now until january...then it starts getting bearable until my birthday when i wish she was still here to go over to her house and have cookie cake and now it hurts to bad to do that with grandpa....

the next week is going to be insanely hard...and to think that it has already been 2 years since it happened....

i hate the fact that i can't sleep because i think about her or i dream about her...sometimes i love dreaming about her because  then i can see her face again. i am afraid that i will forget what she  sounded like or how she would ALWAYS tease janie and disagree with her, just because (although i have taken it up in following Grandmas footsteps) :) 

i miss her SO much and working at a retirement home isn't that bad because i have grandma and grandpas all around me EXCEPT for this next week, i have a feeling i wont be very happy to be there..
when ever i think of that night i think what if it didn't happen...i think that is the worst feeling i have ever had..holding her hand as she breathed her last breath..her hands were always cold, but this was different. this was a different kind of cold..indescribable...
i know that she is in Heaven and without pain and that is 
what gets me through this, but still i never thought this would 
happen to me..i always hoped that i would never have to go 
through this..i always hoped that the rapture would come 
before anyone close to me died...


RIP Grandma "D" 10/8/1931-10/12/2006 You will never be forgotten. i love you the most :) 


very much in LOVE

At their 25th anniversary


At their 50th wedding anniversary party
12/17/2000





2 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

Oh Natalie. I know what you mean. My Grandmother died a couple years ago and I still miss her dearly. I was packing stuff out of Gabby's room today and I was packing up a bone china tea set my Grandmother had given me when I was a little girl. I've never broken a piece and I cherish it. It will be Gabby's. The sad thing is Gabby never got to meet her. She was so hoping Grayden would be a girl. She kept telling me I NEEDED a girl. She was on her death bed and never opened her eyes to even see Grayden, he was a baby and he was cooing and she smiled and said "OH" but never opened her eyes to see him. Death is one of those experiences like nothing else.

I'll be praying for you. It was so good to see you at the game. I added you to my list of friends and I will have to keep up with you.

Alethia said...

My sweet girl... hang in there... I love you!